Have I grown too comfortable? No, I have realized that I have doubted myself again in the past few months. Can I really recover fully? After the vacation disaster, will there ever be a totally free me?
Yes, I am very optimistic about it but I need a few more pillars to start believing in myself again to be able to move forward.
So, today I present you a few ways on how to start believing in yourself, your abilities and how to become more confident.
- Start from within. Change your thoughts and words.
Your thoughts should be your best friend and your words should reflect your positive attitude.
- Set goals
If full recovery were guaranteed, how would I be able to reach this goal? Which are the different milestones I have to reach in order to get to the place of freedom? How will I be able to achieve the smaller steps?
- See it in your mind first
Envision your life as a healthy person, as someone who is confident and believes in herself. How does this life look like exactly? How will you feel? How will you behave? How will you interact with others?
The more details you see the more your mind will believe that it is already a reality.
- Remember what you’re good at! What are your strengths? And, yes, you are good at a lot of things too!
Reminding yourself that you do have strength will be one more step towards believing in yourself.
- Try to do it even when you think you cannot
Our mind is always trying to sabotage us. So, try to take the necessary steps toward your goal today and don´t let your thoughts keep you from even trying.
- Act Confident. Be confident.
If you believe you can be confident, you will be. If you believe you can believe in yourself completely, you will.
- Remember that everyone has self-doubts and lack of confidence from time to time. You are not alone with these feelings.
- Think of the past: What did you do right?
Think of all the things you have already done that are super important on your way towards belief in yourself. Write them down. Now, you can try to use them in order to motivate you to take the next steps.
- Messing up is OK. It can even be helpful. Having setbacks won´t even matter when seen as part of the bigger picture, which is your life.
- Walk tall!
You will feel much more confident immediately and this will help you to believe in yourself.
- Is there proof for my thoughts?
List every one of those things you really believe about yourself and your abilities. Look at each assumption and examine it. Ask yourself, “Is this true? What is the proof?” Most of the time, you will have to answer “No”. This will help you reduce your list of negative thoughts and will give you a the right to believe in yourself.
- Recognize The Possibilities
There are so many possibilities for you out there.
Think grand and start listing everything you could do in your life. Go crazy. Believe in yourself and the ability to achieve these goals.
- Solve problems
Start solving problems. The more you perfect this skill the more you will start to believe in yourself and in your abilities.
There is a solution to every problem.
- You can be confident even if you are not perfect!
- Don´t postpone trying to reach goals to the next day. There is no perfect timing and you will never do it, if you don´t act now.
- Never Give-up.
There are many times when we feel defeated and without hope. But by constantly working on yourself, you will be able to be confident and believe in your abilities.
- Do you deserve to believe in yourself?
YES. YES. YES. YES, you deserve to believe in yourself, your strength, your abilities and your power to recover.
If you would like to leave me some feedback, you can mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can follow me on twitter: @anneso87
Thanks For Subscribing To The Fighting Anorexia Podcast:
Note: My podcasts are now also available on Stitcher! Don’t forget to enter promo code FIGHTINGANOREXIA when you register.