In this episode of Fighting Anorexia, I share with you 21 sentences that you should stop saying forever. These sentences only hurt your self-esteem and are mostly simply wrong. The less you think and talk in those terms, the more you will strengthen your chances of full recovery.
1. I am my eating disorder.
2. I am fat.
3. I am not … enough.
4. My recovery needs to be perfect.
5. I have to always be strong.
6. Having a healthy weight is not acceptable for me.
7. Being skinny is the only acceptable way to live in this society.
8. I can only be successful if I am skinny.
9. People will judge me if I gain weight.
10. People will abandon me if I have a healthy weight.
11. Life without my eating o is not possible for me.
12. Others can do it, but I certainly can’t.
13. If only I could stand the feeling of having a bigger belly.
14. I will never get used to a healthy body.
15. I will not be attractive anymore if I gain weight.
16. I will lose control over myself if I let go of counting calories, restricting, purging and working out.
17. Once I start to eat, I cannot stop.
18. I don’t have any other talents than losing weight.
19. Life is not worth living.
20. I don’t deserve to be happy and healthy and enjoy life.
21. I need to lose a few pounds.
If you would like to leave me some feedback, you can mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can follow me on twitter: @anneso87
Thanks For Subscribing To The Fighting Anorexia Podcast:
Note: My podcasts are now also available on Stitcher!