Even though I am trying so hard to have a great time during my vacation, thoughts of being too fat, of eating way too much, of not deserving to enjoy myself and the delicious food keep on creeping in my head.
Yesterday was an especially hard day. I was crying, sobbing, just hating myself.
What do we do when we are in such a dark place?
We surround ourselves with pure positivity! Here are some examples:
1. Listen to or read POSITIVE feedback that you have received in the last days, months, years.
2. Read previously written cards with positive or motivational messages
3. Go to your happy place
4. Think of something, anything that makes you smile (a happy memory, a funny movie)
5. Write a letter to yourself.
6. Lie on the floor, spread out your limbs and BREATHE. Look around and see the light.
7. Have inspirational quotes on hand or learn them by hard and read them out loud.
8. Don’t look in the mirror on those days and avoid pictures of yourself, your mind is playing tricks with you
9. Create an atmosphere that is positive: buy some flowers, candles, listen to upbeat music or music that can take you to happier places
10. Remind yourself of everything that is positive in your life (and there is ALWAYS positivtiy!)
If you would like to leave me some feedback, you can mail it to email@example.com
You can follow me on twitter: @anneso87